A Goal is a dream with a deadline – Napoleon Hill
The 80/20 rule is one of the most helpful concepts for life and time management. Also known as the Pareto Principle, this rule suggests that 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results. This being the case, you should change the way you set goals forever.
Who doesn’t love a deadline? When you look at the statistics, we all strive when we have a clearly defined deadline.
Deadlines are the “curse” of working life, and often the source of overwhelm and stress. They are important to almost any task and role, and undoubtedly essential for a smoothly run company.
Why Deadlines Matter
Typically, we have deadlines for one of the following reasons:
- To ensure that we complete our work.
- To encourage a smooth flow of work.
- To set expectations.
What would the consequence be for failing to meet a deadline in your’ world?
Professionally, it can damage your reputation and harm your career prospects – especially if it’s on repeat.
Your businesses reputation can be permanently impacted leaving serious financial implications if your delay triggers a number of contract violations.
There are two main areas to focus on when you have to hit a deadline: managing the deadline and managing yourself.
Meet the Deadline Program
This is a 6 or 12week program designed to improve your performance and support you in reaching your goal on time.
Chances are, most of us simply accept the deadline that we are given. But it’s important to consider it properly before agreeing to it.
People often underestimate how long it takes to complete projects and so they should always consider:
If the deadline set is realistic. Sometimes deadlines are set unrealistically early to prevent late delivery problems! What should you do before agreeing to a deadline?
We will explore:
- Evaluate What’s Required
- Get the Right Resources
- Allow for Problems
- Plan in Detail
- Limit the Damage of a Missed Deadline
The other important factor in meeting a deadline is you!
Do you have the right mindset, the self-discipline, and are you organised?
We will explore and ensure you have a strong framework to operate from:
- Become assertive.
- Adjust your mindset.
- Understand the difference between “planning” and “doing.”
- Get clear on your Time – management.
- Identify self-sabotaging behaviours.
- Become clear on your motivations.
- Create the ultimate success deadline habits.
Solopreneurs and SME’s find this program ideal in a multitude of scenarios:
- Getting started on a project
- Staff support – admin, accounts, sales
- Complete your Novel – writing a book has many hidden challenges
- Create a new business product
- Imposter Syndrome
- Annual goal setting
- Leadership and management preparation
- Create self-confidence – linked to your self-esteem and self-worth
- Mental health – Anxiety, procrastination, overwhelm
- Managing work/life balance
We offer this program over 6 or 12 weeks depending on the complexity of the project.
- Scheduling a Discovery call to discuss your requirements in detail is essential.
- All sessions are 1-2-1 and delivered online
- All essential materials and references will be provided by your coach.
- Each session lasts 90 mins
90 min weekly sessions are designed in a number of ways, these will be determined during the sessions based on the unfolding of the program:
30min Zoom call (5 x 10/12 min Golden calls) Or A full 90 min Zoom call Or 60 min Zoom call (3 x 10 min Golden calls)